What is the American Energy & Manufacturing Competitiveness (AEMC) Partnership?
The American Energy & Manufacturing Competitiveness (AEMC) Partnership is a three-year effort by the Council on Competitiveness and the U.S. Department of Energy Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) to bring together national leaders to address a rapidly shifting national and global energy landscape; and uncover the actions that can be taken now to enable America to build on this distinctive time in its energy history during the next five-ten years to bolster dramatically its energy, manufacturing and economic competitiveness over the next 20, 30, 40 years and beyond.
The focus of the Partnership will be to identify means to:
• Increase U.S. competiveness in the production of clean energy products: Strategically invest in technologies that leverage American competitive advantages and overcome competitive disadvantages.
• Increase U.S. manufacturing competitiveness across the board by increasing energy productivity: Strategically invest in technologies and practices to enable U.S. manufacturers to increase their competitiveness through energy efficiency, combined heat and power, and taking advantage of low-cost domestic energy sources.
The Power of Partnerships
The Power of Partnerships is an extensive literature review and “mapping” of past and current research efforts regarding links between energy efficiency, renewable energy and manufacturing competitiveness; barriers to energy and manufacturing competitiveness; and models for public-private partnerships (PPPs) for fostering competitive industries in the U.S. A Summary of Public-Private Partnerships, offers deeper insights into the linkages between PPPs, barriers and policy through a comprehensive infographic. Both reports were undertaken by the Council after an extensive side-by-side comparison and analysis of 19 PPPs and 180 policy recommendations around the world, which can be found in the Policy and PPP Side-by-Side Analysis.
Inaugural Dialogue – Washington, D.C. April 11-12th, 2013
Dialogue Primer: Rebuilding the Industrial Commons
Dialogue 2 - University of Toledo, Toledo,OH - June 20th, 2013
Dialgoue Primer: Driving Regional Transformation
op-ed: Energizing Ohio’s economy attracts business, creates jobs by Council President Deborah Wince-Smith and University of Toledo President, Lloyd Jacobs
- COUNCIL ON COMPETITIVENESS, DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY PARTNER AROUND CLEAN ENERGY AND MANUFACTURING COMPETITIVENESS, Electric Light & Power and POWERGRID International, March 26 2013
- Carbon Fiber Facility Dedication, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, March 26 2013
- ORNL's carbon-fiber facility may help manufacture jobs, Knoxnews, March 26 2013
- ORNL opens nation's first carbon fiber manufacturing research facility, WATE, March 26 2013
- ORNL opens new carbon fiber technology facility, WBIR-TV, March 26 2013
- DOE launches Clean Energy Manufacturing Initiative; awards $23.5M to 5 more manufacturing R&D projects, Green Car Congress, March 26 2013
- DOE Launches Clean Energy Manufacturing Initiative, North America Wind Power, March 26 2013
- Energy Department Launches New Clean Energy Manufacturing Initiative, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, March 26 2013
- Energy Department Launches New Clean Energy Manufacturing Initiative, Department of Energy Press Release, March 26 2013
- DOE launches new clean energy manufacturing initiative, PennEnergy, March 26 2013
- Energy Department Launches Bold New Clean Energy Manufacturing Initiative, EERE Blog, Department of Energy, March 26 2013
- DOE Launches Clean Energy Manufacturing Initiative, eNewsUSA, March 26 2013
- DOE launches Clean Energy Manufacturing Initiative, Power Engineering, March 26 2013